People Program of the Year
- PMAP Awards
- People Program of the Year
Objective of the Award
The People Program of the Year (PPY) Award is given to a company/organization for its relevant, unique, innovative and/or cutting-edge program, which is designed to provide meaningful contribution and enhance or improve employer-employee relations or meet a specific need of the company or industry.
The program being nominated must be running for at least 2 years by the time of nomination and may represent any of the following areas:
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Management and Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Organizational Development
- Labor/Employee Relations
- Employee Engagement
The criteria for the award is adopted from the People Management Excellence Framework crafted by PMAP Past President Enrique V. Abadesco, DPM.
Criteria for the Award
- Line Management & HR Partnership (25%) - The driving attribute of a high performing people-focused organization is the partnership between HR and line management. People programs show how senior leaders clearly articulate and visibly demonstrate how they value their people. The program demonstrates that HR is considered a strategic player in the organization. Line managers champion these people programs and take the lead in engaging their people.
- Performance Focus (25%) - As evidenced through quantifiable results, this criterion looks at the impact of the program to substantially help in improving the economic, organizational health, social and/or aesthetic standards of the organization as well as its key stakeholders.
- Leadership Approaches (20%) - Excellent programs and initiatives are characterized as transformative, innovative and systematic. These programs are designed to constantly adapt to the changing challenges of the organizations external environments, and promote an open, change-friendly and continuous improvement mindset. Leaders or program champions apply coaching, inspiring and engaging people to make the programs successful.
- People Engagement (20%) - The program allows the organization to tap the full potential of their workforce. The program elicits employee participation and engagement; attends to their learning and development needs and systematically pays attention to their engagement levels and well-being needs.
- Social Responsibility (5%) - Good citizenship, community relations and environmental protection are key responsibilities that are given high importance to by excellent organizations. This attribute also covers business ethics, the protection of public health and safety, the promotion of volunteerism, and the sharing of best practices.
- HR Competence and Credibility (5%) - A pre-condition of the first attribute (line management and HR partnership) is the HR unit’s competence and credibility. Credibility comes from the HR practitioners’ personal values and professional maturity while competence comes from their conceptual, business, and HR functional expertise.
Rules of the Award
- Nominations are open to all companies nationwide including those not presently a PMAP corporate/chapter member.
- A nomination shall be endorsed by either a PMAP member/chapter of good standing or by a member of any nationally-recognized organization (such as the Jaycees, Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Lions, PCCI, ECOP, Industry and Functional Groups, etc.). Self-nomination is also allowed.
- For past PPY winners, the program nominated for PPY must be totally new and unique.
- Previous People Program of the Year nominees may again be nominated for the same category provided there is a two (2)-year gap between the date of the last nomination (e.g. a company that vied for the Award in 2016 may only be nominated again in 2019).
- Previous People Program of the Year winners may again be nominated for the same category provided there is a five (5)-year gap between the date of the last award and the date for this year’s nomination (e.g. a company that won the Award in 2016 may only be nominated again in 2022.)
- The accomplished Nomination Form must be received by the Chairperson of the Awards Committee on or before 28 February 2018. All eligible nominees will be notified and then requested to submit the data form. The data form may be downloaded from www.awards.pmap.org.ph.
- The PMAP Award Committee reserves the right to validate all claims officially presented by the nominees.
- The Board of Judges composed of distinguished men and women representing different sectors/industries will deliberate on the merits of each of the nomination and select the final winner/s of the award.
- Should there be inconsistencies established which may materially affect the integrity of the nomination due notice of the appropriate action to be taken by the committee shall be sent to the contact person.
- The PMAP Board of Trustees shall confirm the decision of the Board of Judges, which shall be final and unappealable.
- The Awards Committee, Board of Judges and PMAP Board Directors will not entertain or answer any requests for clarification from non-winners.
- Plant/branch-based programs may vie for the award in the region where the plant/branch is based as long as the mother company is not vying for the same award.
- Regional winners will be recognized during the respective PMAP regional summits. The national winners will only be revealed during the 42nd PMAP Awards Night during the 55th PMAP Annual Conference.
Download the Nomination Form HERE
Deadline of Submission of Accomplished Nomination Form: 28 February 2018
Download the Data Form HERE
Deadline of Submission of Accomplished Data Form: 28 February 2018