People Manager of the Year
- PMAP Awards
- People Manager of the Year
Objective of the Award
The People Manager of the Year (PMY) Award recognizes the HR practitioner who has imbibed and modelled the strategic role of human resources in the organizations he has been connected with through the exceptional people initiatives and programs addressing business challenges. The awardee continues to make significant contribution to the development of the HR profession. He is actively involved in advocacy and community work. He strives to continuously achieve personal mastery and a balanced life and is known for his integrity, fairness and sincerity.
Criteria for the Award
- Solid Track record in HR (60%) - Through understanding of the company´s business challenges, the HR manager is able to develop a people roadmap aligned with the vision, goals and directions of the various organizations he has been or currently connected with.
- Contribution to the HR Profession (20%) - Strong advocate in the development of the HR profession. Has influenced the evolution of human resource practices by his active involvement in various organizations foremost of which is PMAP where the HR professional has occupied various roles. Other ways of contributing to the profession is through research and publications.
- Personal Mastery (10%) - This refers to the individual´s ability to harmonize the different facets of a person´s life be these personal and professional. He espouses continuous self- development in the various aspects of life (physical, emotional, etc.). Models work life balance. Recognized by colleagues, peers, subordinates, company as being able to balance different facets of one´s life. He is known also for his fairness, integrity and sensitivity.
- Community Involvement (10%) - Imbibes the spirit of giving back. Actively involved in advocacies that address key social issues like education environment, uplifting the status of women in society, health etc. Role model in spreading the spirit of volunteerism.
Rules of the Award
- Nominations for the People Manager of the Year are open to individuals who have distinguished himself in the practice of the human resource management profession in the private sector.
- Nominations shall be endorsed by either a PMAP member of good standing or by a member of any nationally-recognized organization (such as the Jaycees, Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Lions, PCCI, ECOP, Industry and Functional Groups, etc.).
- Previous People Manager of the Year nominees may again be nominated for the same category provided there is a two (2)-year gap between the date of the last nomination.
- The accomplished Nomination Form must be received by the Chairperson of the Awards Committee on or before 30 April 2016. All eligible Nominees will be notified and then requested to submit the Data Form. The PMY Data Form can be downloaded at www.pmap.org.ph
- The PMAP Award Committee reserves the right to validate all claims officially presented by the nominees.
- The Board of Judges composed of distinguished men and women will deliberate on the merits of each of the nomination and select the final winners of the awards.
- Should there be inconsistencies established which may materially affect the integrity of the nomination due notice of the appropriate action to be taken by the committee shall be sent to the contact person.
- The PMAP Board of Directors shall confirm the decision of the Board of Judges, which shall be final and unappealable.
- The Awards Committee, Board of Judges and PMAP Board Directors will not entertain or answer any requests for clarification from non-winners.
- Winners or awardees will be informed at least one month before the Awards Night through a formal letter signed by the PMAP President, Awards Committee Director-in- Charge and Chairperson immediately after they are declared by the Board of Judges. This is to give the winners enough time to prepare for the Awards Night.
- The winners, Board of Judges, Board of Directors and Awards Committee Members shall be required to execute a Declaration of Confidentiality until the Awards Night.
Download the Nomination Form HERE
Deadline of Submission of Accomplished Nomination Form: 31 March 2017
Download the Data Form HERE
Deadline of Submission of Accomplished EOY Data Form: 31 May 2017